按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
Birthday to you。 祝你生日快乐; 祝你生日快乐; 亲爱的阿里生日快乐; 祝你生日快乐。
MRS。NIKZAD: Blow out the candles; Ali; but first make a wish。 把腊烛吹熄; 阿里; 先许个愿;
ALI: What should I wish for? 我应许什么愿?
BILL: Anything you want; but don’t tell us。 If you tell your wish; it won’t e true。 任何你想要的
都可以; 但不要告诉我们。 你的愿望如果告诉了别人; 就不会实现了。
HUSSEIN: Here es the ice cream! 冰淇淋来了!
ALI: Wow; look at it all! Gallons and gallons of it! 哇; 大家看! 好几桶啊!
MRS。NIKZAD: You know; Mr。 O’Neill; by the time we left the house; Ali had asked for ice cream at
least half a dozen times。 I’m glad I didn’t let him have any。 鸥尼尔先生; 你可知道; 今天出门的时
候; 阿里已经有六次以上要求吃冰淇淋。 我很高兴我没让他吃。
WAITER: Here you are。 And here’s a big spoon。 来; 这个大调羹也给你。
REPORTER: Hold it。 Just like that! Now another one; Ali。 别动; 就这样子! 阿里; 再来一个。
REPORTER: Hold that spoon up。 拿着调羹。
REPORTER: Good。 Thank you。 好。 谢谢。
REPORTER: I hadn’t expected such a big turnout。 想不到有这么多人来。
REPORTER: Thanks for the story。 这个题材很好; 谢谢你通知我。
ALI: Who is that; Dad? 爸; 那是谁?
MR。NIKZAD: A reporter for The World’s Fair Newsletter。 万国博览会通讯报的记者。
ALI: Wow! Will my picture be in the papers? 哇! 我的照片会不会登在报纸上?
MR。NIKZAD: I hope so。 我希望会。
ALI: I wish I hadn’t eaten dinner last night。 我真希望我昨天晚上没有吃晚餐。
MRS。NIKZAD: Why; Ali? Don’t you feel well? 为什么; 阿里? 你不舒服吗?
ALI: Oh; no! I feel fine。 But I wish I had room for more ice cream。 噢; 不是! 我很好。 我只是恨不
能吃更多的冰淇淋。
MRS。NIKZAD: I hope you don’t get sick。 我希望你不会吃坏肚子。
ALI: I won’t。 But even if I do; I won’t be sorry。 不会的啦。 但是就算吃坏了肚子我也不会后悔的。
HUSSEIN: I wish I had known about this place for my birthday。 Ali; open your presents。 Here’s one
from Mr。 Yamamoto。我上次过生日的时候; 如果知道有这个地方; 多好。 阿里; 拆开你的礼物。
这?是山本先生送的。
ALI: OK。 Wow! A baseball and a bat。 Gee; thank you; Mr。 Yamamoto。 好。 哇! 是一个棒球和一支
球棒! 谢谢您; 山本先生。
HUSSEIN: Here’s one from Mr。 O’Neill。 I wonder if it’s a giant ice cream sandwich! 这个是欧尼尔
先生送的。 你看会不会是一个巨大的冰淇淋叁明治!
ALI: Oh; boy! 噢; 老天!
ALI: I wish it were my birthday every day! 我真希望天天过生日!
MR。NIKZAD: I’m glad it’s not。 我真高兴不是。
ALI: Wow; a mitt! 哇; 一副棒球手套!
HUSSEIN: Here’s a note。 I’ll read it to you。 这里有一张纸条; 我念给你听。
HUSSEIN: Dear Ali; You don’t know me; but my father says you’re an okay kid; and you want to
learn to play baseball。 亲爱的阿里; 你不认识我; 但我爸爸说你是个很好的孩子; 还说你想学
打棒球。
HUSSEIN: OK。; I’ll teach you。 Happy birthday。 Bill; PS I wi sh I could have e to your party。 好;
着迷英语900 句
我教你。 祝你生日快乐。小比尔; 附记: 真希望能够参加你的派对。
ALI: wow! I wish we had invited everybody in the world!哇! 我真希望我们能邀请全世界的每个人。
MICHAEL: Do you like it? 喜不喜欢?
PEDRO: It’s brilliant! 出类拔萃!
MICHAEL: I hope the judges think so。 但愿评审们也这样认为。
PEDRO: I hate to tell you; but I heard through a friend of a friend that Leo van der Zee is entering the
petition。 我不太想告诉你; 但是; 我一个朋友的朋友说利欧·泛·德·西要参加比赛。
MICHAEL: I wish you hadn’t told me。 但愿你没跟我说。
PEDRO: Oh; e on。 Your painting is great。 别这样子嘛! 你的画非常好。
MICHAEL: Sure; but van der Zee is a fine painter; 画是不错; 但是泛·德·西是一个很出色的画家;
MICHAEL: and he’s much better known than I。 而且他比我出名得多。
PEDRO: So what? 那又怎么样?
MICHAEL: I guess you’re right。 But I wish I knew if I was wasting my time。 你大概说得对; 我只
是想知道我是不是浪费时间。
PEDRO: If you knew what the future was going to be like; life would be boring。 人要是知道将来会
怎么样; 人生会显得太无聊。
MICHAEL: I didn’t know that you had bee a philosopher。我还不知道你已经变成一个哲学家了。
PEDRO: And I had forgotten that you could be such a pain in the neck。 而我都忘了你是个令人头
痛的家伙。
MICHAEL: You’re right。 I’m sorry。 I’m driving everyone crazy。 你说得对。 很抱歉; 我令大家都
无耐;
MICHAEL: Let’s change the subject。 我们换一个话题吧!
MICHAEL: Do you have and more bad news? 你还有没有坏消息?
PEDRO: No。 That’s all for today。 没有了。 今天就是这么多。
PEDRO: Miguel called Marta from Colombia。 He loves her。 He misses her。 米盖尔从哥伦比亚打电
话给玛它。 他爱她; 想念她;
PEDRO: He thinks about her every minute; 时时刻刻都在想她;
PEDRO: and he can’t live without her。 He says。 没有她; 他就不能活下去。 他说
MICHAEL: He’s a nice guy。 他人很好。
PEDRO: He’s young and inexperienced。 If he knew what I know。。。 他年轻而缺乏经验; 他要是懂
得我懂的。。。
MICHAEL: He’d be cynical; old; and unhappy; like you。他愤世嫉俗; 苍老而不快乐。 就会像你一样
MICHAEL: Leave him alone。 不要干涉他;
MICHAEL: If you could find a girl like Marta; you’d be a lucky man。 你如果有本事找到一个女孩
子像玛它那样; 你就会是个幸运的男人。
PEDRO: That may be。 In any case; he wishes you the best of luck in the petition。 或许如此。 不
管怎么样; 他祝你比赛得胜。
MICHAEL: Thank him for me if you get a chance。 有机会的话; 代我谢谢他。
MICHAEL: By the way; why are you so dressed up today?对了; 你今天怎么打扮得这么漂亮?
MICHAEL: It couldn’t be just for the unveiling of my painting。 不会是专为了参加我这幅画的揭
幕典礼吧!
着迷英语900 句
PEDRO: Very funny。 Actually; I had an interview at a photographic supply house。 真好笑; 其实;
我今天是去一家摄影器材公司面试。
MICHAEL: I’m impressed。 有作为; 有作为。
PEDRO: They want me to be the assistant manager of their camera department? 他们要我担任相机
部的助理经理。
MICHAEL: You? In a nine to five job? I can’t believe it。 Pedro in a jacket an tie? I never thought I’d
live to see the day。 你?每天九点到五点上班? 难以置信。 佩德罗竟然穿西装打领带! 我还以为
一辈子都见不到这么一天。
PEDRO: Hey; give me a break! 嘿; 少揶揄了!
MICHAEL: Pedro; I think it’s great。 Congratulations。 佩德罗; 这是大好的消息; 恭喜你了。
PEDRO: Thanks。 I guess。 谢谢你; 我想我该这么说。
MICHAEL: You don’t seem very happy about it。 你好像对这件事不太高兴。
PEDRO: I have to get used to the idea。 我还没进入状况。
LAURA: Hello; Bill。 哈罗; 比尔。
BILL: How are you; Laura? 罗拉; 你好吗?
BILL: Have you found a job yet? 找到工作没有?
CUSTOMER: Do you have vanilla cones? 有没有香草甜筒?
BILL: Certainly。 Here you are。 Now; where were we? Oh; yes。 当然有的; 这就是。 我们刚刚谈到
哪里了? 噢; 对了;
BILL: I asked if you had found a job yet。 我问你有没有找到工作。
LAURA: No; not yet; but I’ve been doing a lot of thinking。 没; 还没有; 不过我最近想了很多。
BILL: Well; you know Paulo Farias; the nice…looking young man at the Brazilian Pavilion? 嗯; 你认
识保罗·法瑞斯? 就是在巴西馆工作; 仪容很讨人喜欢的那位青年。
LAURA: Yes; I remember him。 认识; 我记得他。
BILL: I told him that you had resigned。 我已经告诉他说你辞职了。
LAURA: You did? 真的?
BILL: And that you were looking for a new position。 我还告诉他说你要找新的职位。
LAURA: What did he say? 他怎么说?
BILL: He said that he remembered you。 他说他记得你。
LAURA: That’s nice; What else did he say? 那好; 他还说什么?
BILL: He said he was looking for a secretary。 But he also said he didn’t think he could hire you。 他
说他正在找秘书; 可是他也说大概不能雇用你。
LAURA: Oh; why? 噢; 为什么?
BILL: Because he does a lot of work with Mr。 Crawford’s office。 因为他跟郭佛先生的公司经常有
生意来往。
LAURA: Yes; of course。 Oh; well; thanks for trying。 对了; 那当然。 噢! 谢谢你帮我打听。
BILL: Wait; don’t give up yet。 慢点; 别那么快放弃希望;
BILL: He said he might be able to find you a job in another department。 他说他可能在别的部门帮
你找个工作。
LAURA: Oh; Bill。 You’re wonderful。 Thank you。 比尔; 你真好; 谢谢你。
LAURA: You should open up an employment agency。 你应该开一家职业介绍所才对。
着迷英语900 句
BILL: That’s what my wife says。 That reminds me; 我太太也这样说。 这倒提醒了我;
BILL: she asked me to pick up a few things on the way home。 她叫我在回家的路上买些东西。
LAURA: Does your wife work; too? 你太太也上班吗?
BILL: Yes; she’s a florist。 是; 她在鲜花店做事。
LAURA: Does she like it? 她喜不喜欢?
BILL: Yes; she was saying just last night that she had never enjoyed a job more。 喜欢。 她昨天晚上
才说从来没有那么喜欢过一份工作。
BILL: So now; what are we going to do about you? You said that you had been doing a lot of
thinking。 好了; 你的事怎么办? 你说你最近想了很多。
LAURA: Yes; I was thinking that maybe I needed a change。 对; 我在想或许我需要换别种工作。
BILL: Have you ever thought about being a tour guide? 你以前有没有考虑过当导游?
LAURA: A tour guide? 导游?
BILL: Someone told me that he had heard that they needed another Spanish…English tour guide。 Even
though they haven’t announced the opening yet; I’d apply now。 有人告诉我他听说他们需要再请
一位会讲西班牙语和英语的导游。 这个空缺虽然还没公布; 可是最好现在就申请。
LAURA: Maybe I should。 You really are a sweetheart。 也许我应该去申请; 你真是个古道热肠的
好人。
BILL: Good luck。 祝你幸运。
JOANA: There’s quite a crowd here。 这里人很多。
MICHAEL: Everybody in the art world is here。 Artists; critics; collectors; everybody。 I want to go
home。 There’s Leo van der Zee! 艺术界所有的人都来了; 艺术家、评论家、收藏家; 谁都来了。 我
想回家了; 那边那个是利欧·泛·德·西。
PEDRO: Which painting is his? 哪一幅是他的画?
MICHAEL: The large one to the left of mine。 在我的画左边;
MICHAEL: It’s very good。 Very good。 很大的那幅; 画得很好; 非常好。
JOANA: I don’t like it。 我不喜欢。
MICHAEL: I would be proud to say that I had done it。 我如果能够说是我画的; 我会很骄傲。
PEDRO: I don’t like it; either。 我也不喜欢。
MICHAEL: Ssh; There’s Paulo。 Did anyone tell him that I entered the petition under another
name? 嘘; 保罗在哪里了; 有没有人告诉他我用别人的名字参加?
JOANA: I don’t know。 But even if he had found out; he certainly wouldn’t have told me。 Paulo can
be very discreet。 我不晓得。 不过; 就算他发现; 也绝对不会跟我说; 保罗说话很谨慎。
PAULO: Ladies an gentlemen。。。 各位先生女士。。。
MICHAEL: Why doesn’t he get on with it? 为什么他不说下去?
JOANA: Be patient; Michael。 麦可; 要有耐心。
PEDRO: 。。。 The Brazilian Pavilion has been pleased and honored to have as judges persons of such
distinction that。。。 。。。 巴西馆能够请到这么出名的几位评审; 感到非常的高兴和荣幸。 因此。。。
MICHAEL: If I had known there were going to be a lot of speeches; I would have e later。 早知
道会有那么多演讲的话,我宁可到得晚点。
JOANA: It’ll all be over soon; Michael。 麦可; 很快就会结束的。
PAULO: The judges; as you can imagine; had a very difficult time choosing a winner。 The quality of
the paintings。。。。 评审各位可想而知; 在选择优胜者时所感到的困难; 作品的水准。。。
着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: Paulo; shut up。 Or say something original。 Say something like; 保罗闭嘴; 要不然说一
点新鲜的话; 譬如说一句类似。
“MICHAEL: ““Most of the paintings were garbage。”““ 「大多数的作品像垃圾」的话。
PAULO: And if I had been one of the judges; I don’t think I could have e to any decision at all;
but; fortunately。。。 如果我是评审之一; 我想我根本没有办法决定; 不过; 幸好。。。
MICHAEL: I’ve got to step outside。 I need some fresh air。 我必须出去走走; 我要呼吸一点新鲜的
空气。
JOANA: Don’t leave now; Michael; they’re。。。 麦可你现在不要走; 他们就要。。。
MICHAEL: I’ve got to。 I’m too nervous。 我不能不出去; 我太紧张了。
ALI: Hello; Are you an artist? 你好。 你是不是艺术家?
MICHAEL: I don’t know。 我不晓得;
MICHAEL: The judges are making up their minds。 评审正在下决定。
MICHAEL: Watch it; your ice cream is dripping。 小心; 你的冰淇淋正在滴下来。
ALI: Thanks。 谢谢。
ALI: Speeches are really boring; aren’t they? 演讲真无聊; 对不对?
MICHAEL: You can say that again。 That ice cream looks good。 可不是吗? 那个冰淇淋看起来很
好吃;
MICHAEL: Where did you get it? 你是在哪里买的?
ALI: Here; Have a bite。 来; 吃一口。
MICHAEL: Uh。。。嗯。。。
ALI: Go ahead。 I don’t mind。 吃嘛! 我不介意。
JOANA: Michael; quick! They’re about to announce the winner。 麦可快一点; 他们就要宣布得胜
名单了。
MICHAEL: Excuse me。 Thanks for the offer。 对不起; 我有事。 谢谢你的好意。
ALI: Sure。 不谢。
PAULO: 。。。 And now it is my pleasure to announce the winner。 For personal reasons; the artist chose
to enter the petition under another name。。。 现在我十分荣幸地宣布优胜者; 由于私人的理由;
这位艺术家决定用另外一个名字参加比赛。。。
JOANA: It’s you! You won! I can’t believe。。。 是你! 你